« Home | Songs of Solomon (new arrangement :P) » | Sleep is my best friend » | Graduation day! :D » | Incompleteness, imperfection » | Nordeman Nichole : River God » | 愛是不保留 » | when You hear, forgive. » | Loneliness » | Will You find me faithful? » | 心阿!你得死心。Only when you are dead to the things of th... » 

Saturday, July 11, 2009 

The more I ....

The more I serve You
The more I see how ugly I really am

The more I serve You
The more I realise how unworthy I am to be doing all these

Because, to even have this heart to do more for You,
This, is also given by You.
And I can only pray that You also grant me the strength and wisdom to carry on,
for You.

The more I worship You
The more I behold Your beauty

The more I worship You
The more I know You are worthy to be praised

It's just that sometimes
Words are so limited to describe
Your love
Your grace

Why did You even allow me, a sinner, to have a part with Your holy work?
Sometimes, I don't even feel clean enough to do your work.
I want to gouge out these judgmental eyes;
I want to scrub away all self-righteous thoughts.

In fact, the more I serve You
The more I tremble.
Tremble at Your greatness
Tremble at Your marvelous love
Tremble
And wonder if there would be any chance I would fall while still serving You on earth.

I would look to the cross and tremble
Because all I ever wanted
Is to spend eternity with You.
And if I were to lose that,
then what else is left?

Yet I also know that
The more I serve You
The more I am being mould into Your perfect image.
Yes, I am scared.
But if fear keeps me close to You,
then I guess it isn't too bad.
And I'll wait in quietness and confidence,
knowing that You would complete this good work that You have begun in me.

I'll learn to wait in peace.
And work in quietness.
Teach me, O Lord.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates