« Home | Where Is the Worship?-Tommy Tenney » | Bum Boat Tour » | random thoughts.. » | On love » | Guilt » | Fatigue » | Because He lives » | Seek first the kingdom of God » | Drawn nearer to God = drawn further away from frie... » | In God's time. » 

Sunday, September 10, 2006 

death

my uncle-in-law just passed away. I really liked him. Although he is always in a semi-drunkard state, he is always jovial and like to tease the little children. He fell, perhaps just a few hrs (or even less) ago and his heartbeat stopped while on the way to the hospital. guess they couldnt save him. But i felt that God can, if He is willing.

so I prayed. I asked my friend to pray as well. Half of me feel that yes, God can revive him. yet half of me am not sure what I am really doing. I was kind of like lost... and helpless, unsure of what to do. Its not like im especially close to him. But I just felt that he is a good man, worthy to live at least a few more years. But perhaps it isn't for me to make such judgment. Just feel kind of weird, why the people around me seems to be falling sick, or dying.... I never hear other people's uncle commiting suicide because of the unbearable cancer. never hear how their grandpa fell and then became senile, totally reliant on the people around to care for him. never hear of how one's grandma was bedridden with stroke for many years before finally died suddenly in the middle of the night. Perhaps God's blessings is not with my family?

I came to realise that my church is a very family church. Many people are related to many other people. Yesterday a group of cousins went to a brother's house to stayover. Its like so fun. Everyone is in the true church. I have only myself now in the church. and the only one I am related to is God, i guess. or maybe not, since Im not yet baptised. (ha ha. ):) I cant wait for the day when my whole family will be in church as well. Or sometimes, I cant wait to start my own family tree in church. but while all these are still taking time... some in my family are taken away from me. What shld i do?

I prayed to God just now that I promised to be more diligent in my preaching work, and begged God to let my uncle live. I realised i've not put in enough effort recently. Perhaps it is a wake up call from God that anyone might just leave me suddenly, so i've better not slack. But... as i was praying, i was also thinking... if God had used my uncle to be a wake up call for me, isn't it unfair to my uncle? even unfair to his wife and his children and grandchildren?

Perhaps I lack understanding about the thoughts and will of God. Im not blaming or murmuring against God. I dun want to be led by Satan to think that God is heartless and all that. But just quite saddened by the fact that someone related to me can just die so suddenly and there is nothing I can do about it. I wonder if I'll see him again..

I really have no mood for any other things now. But i've got like tons of work waiting to be done. what should I do.... ):


" Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit"; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that." " James 4:13-15

hi, let this be an encouragement instead. Like you've said, to be more active in spreading the good news to your family.

Life really is like a vapor, I still recall that when i heard of a sister from TK who passed away so suddenly, I was similarly speechless and realised that we ought to be sober and vigilant and keep ourselves primed for His Kingdom always.

Encourage each other in Christ's love while we still can. :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates