« Home | tmr's netballuXion II » | tmr's netballuXion I » | Only by His grace » | Munich » | Mt Horeb Choir » | To s/u or not? » | random thoughts.. » | The First Entry. » 

Saturday, March 04, 2006 

NETBALLUXION 2006!

netballuXion 2006 is officially over! the event looks quite a success and im glad. :) learned a lot from this experience, and im also glad to share this experience with my fellow com members in netball recre. even though i know that i dun click with them so well... but im really happy to meet them and work with them. it has really been an experience.. got to work with many different kinds of people with different working styles. not to say who is right or wrong, but sometimes different working styles may cause displeasure and conflict between people..

i wish to apologise for my poor attitude at today's event.. esp at the start.. i was frustrated over the messiness of the registration and did show some annoyance and bad attitude.. some might have noticed.. but some might have not. but in any case, i probably wun get a chance to apologise face-to-face le so if anyone of u happen to read this, well, im sorry.. esp to chin ru, im not sure if she was er dao at me.. she seems very easy-going and even nonchalant at times, but im just paranoid that she might be.

another main issue during netballuxion was that i felt that i was purposely overworked and given many tasks to complete. these thoughts probably came because prior to the event today, when we were discussing last night, i might have come across as bossy? like trying to gain power over the whole thing or something...? the fact is, yes, i raised a lot of questions and tried my best to make sure that everything that shld be settled is settled.. basically i probe my nose into all things la i guess. they gave me the feeling that they didnt like it and i start imagining them talking behind my back like "she's only an assistant treasurer, what does she think she's doing?" etc. ): i guess im really oversensitive and overly worried as to what people might think of me. i guess i really want people to like me, as me. basically i felt persecuted today, even though i myself wanted to give my all for the event. i had to take care of registration, money collection, updates of the schedule list, update scores, sell T-shirts, prepare prize presentation, help people to get this and get that... hai.. i cried. but i dun think anyone saw or knew.
but if i were to think abt it carefully, perhaps the attitude that i thought people were giving me was because they themselves were busy or stressed at the moment. i also didnt always greet everyone smilingly. i also had moments whereby i replied them in a rush, harsh tone when asked abt something during the time when i am busy. so its the same, isnt it? people were also having a hard time, like you. people were also doing all sorts of things. even if not, even if u were really doing mOrE, then take it as storing treasures in heaven. God saw it and He took note of it and He will surely reward you in due time.. as long as you did it willingly with a pure sincere heart.
But i find Xie Zhuo to be very kind to me, like an older brother, or well, uncle. heh. Whether in action or in speech, he was gentle and appears to guide me like a senior does. he attempt to teach me stuffs, asked me how i thought abt the whole event etc. it seems as though he knew i cried or something or like how i really felt towards the event (wanting to make it a success but over doing it?). in any case, thanks, xie zhuo!

Well... something that we had all worked so hard for has come to an end. it always seems unreal at times like this. i just really hope everyone who had a part in it really appreciated and enjoyed this experience! Thank you people for all the hard work. *give each one a pat on your shoulder!! And of course, thank you, God. It wouldn't have veen possible without you. Thank you for the good weather, for keeping us all safe with no mishaps, for giving us the wisdom and strength thru'out the event!

Must celebrate netballuXion 2006's success soon!


Flashback memories
yesterday when i was with vivien during our free periods, we were chatting and i somehow came to the topic of me almost drowning when i was in sec1. I seriously could have died then. i remembered vividly the scene i saw while struggling in the pool. my friend was grabbing me and pushing me into the water again and again so as to stay afloat. i tried to open my mouth and say " hey, calm down. and i'll bring you safely back to the side.." but i had no chance! i remembered it felt very long and i finally came to the thought of giving up.. i was just drinking water and my oxygen level was getting lower and lower.. couldnt breathe.. i told myself "ok la, give up la.." but as dramatic as it does sound, i saw a big dark figure jumping into the pool and i knew that help was here so i struggled a while more and was brought safely back to the side. Thank you, big dark man.

but vivien brought my attention to the REAL ONE that i shld be thankful of. God. we see it as God's grace for me. to allow me to continue to live so that i may one day get to know Him. and it is so true. i was still a non-believer in sec 1 and it was only in sec2 that my eyes were slowly opened and i came to believe more and more in Him. Can you also see the grace of God? i certainly pray and hope so! :) but the more funny part was that vivien exclaimed "Marilyn's a miracle!" haha because i probably shld have died then but i lived, because of God's mercy and grace. Thank you, Lord Jesus.

God won't let you die till you've come to know the True, Complete and Magnificent One - the Real Him. He lets you die in Him so that YOU might Live in Him. :)
Oh yea, boy oh boy, I am the first to comment.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates