« Home | the joy of the Lord is my strength. » | happy birthday 261106 » | ready, get set, GO! » | ready, GET SET, go! » | babble. » | Father’s Love » | READY, get set, go! » | Its JUST a step forward? » | Family » | Hallelujah! » 

Saturday, December 02, 2006 

joyful!

joyful joyful. thank God.

i started having rashes since thursday night. really itchy.. and these few days during spiritual meeting, i've been going to the front to pray about it. praying that God will heal me. Just like the man with leprosy went into the river of Jordan for seven times, i decided that i will too, keep going in front to pray with faith. Most amazingly was that one of the sermons actually talked about a testimony of a man who was also itching! wow... i really feel that God is talking to me. But I wonder why at this time, i had to come down with this itchy rashes.

Firstly, I thought that it could be the work of the devil. Since spiritual meeting is here and theolo is coming right up, Im sure he is trying his best not to let me draw closer to God. So i decided I shall not let him win! I hope tmr I can make it for morning prayer. I have been missing the morning sermons these two days ): and i am not even using the time to study!

Then i also thought that it could be a test from God. Since whatever is happening to me is exactly what this spiritual meeting theme is about! I wasn't very joyful in the Lord and now, im down with this rash. yar.. its a learning process from God. there's lectures (sermons) and tutorials (my own homework).

Actually i was just worried my rash will affect my studying and my heart to worship God. so I kept praying to God to heal me initially. I just wanted Him to heal me and nothing else! In a way, i thought i was showing my faith in God that He has the power to heal me. And that if He dun heal me, no one else can.

But through the sermons and testimonies I heard... i slowly realised that perhaps this should not be what I am focusing on. Even Paul realised that it was good for the thorn in his flesh to be there. God's grace is sufficient for me. I came to realise that there must be a reason why im down with rash now. There must be something that God wants me to learn and understand. So i decided to change the way i prayed. I asked God that if He is willing, may He heal me. But otherwise, let me have faith in my almighty God that things will work out in the end. Let me find strength in His spirit. Let me know how to rejoice in Him.

Amazingly, at the afternoon prayer for the Holy Spirit, I felt joyful. I felt peace at heart. and my lips kept curling up into a smile! I kept praising God. It's been a while since I have felt this way in my prayers. And the last prayer today, i still went to the front and thank God, I still felt joyful! I felt lighter and happier and I just wanted to keep praising God! Can't stop smiling. (:

Tmr, i wanna make it for morning prayer! and yb is coming as well. yay! the tracts for evangelistic are out. time to work! ohh. yesterday, I sort of tried to preach to the taxi-driver whose taxi i took to church. He was not turned off by the name "True Jesus Church" and so I thought it was a really good sign. But I dun understand why I did not bother to give him at least our church bookmark to keep! It was just there in my bag! I was.... lazy? can't be bothered? goodness. I really feel bad now. But I pray that God will open the way for him. At least I told him about www.tjc.org? At least he has some contact with TJC, knowing that this church exists? I didnt even remember to invite him for the upcoming evangelistic services! May God open the way.

Oh yar, another I learnt: Must know God's timing and not force our own timing into things.

okiess. i shouldn't go on already. I shall have faith that God knows whats best for me and He will not resist good things to those who love Him! Im sure my rashes will go away. Thank you, Lord for the peace and joy today! (: hallelujah!

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates