« Home | Father’s Love » | READY, get set, go! » | Its JUST a step forward? » | Family » | Hallelujah! » | blessed (birth)day » | Happy birthday...... » | Mixed Emotions. » | the task at hand » | A faithful God + a simple faith = salvation » 

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 

babble.

it always sadden me greatly when I am unable to see eye-to-eye with my parents, especially my mom. We kind of argued just now over certain things regarding religions. I guess perhaps I shouldnt have watched "journey to the west" with them. But it was a funny show and i was laughing silently throughout about how ridiculous that people can really imagine all these stories to be true! Cant they tell that these are just legends and myths passed down from generations to generations? I didnt think my parents will actually believe all the content of the show to be true... i mean the show is probably based on a script written for the sake of viewerships! surely my parents realised that?! I mean the content is so ridiculously funny lahh. How can all these deities and demons featured in the show be real?

But i realised that my parents really did believe every single thing in the show. Because when the show ended, my pa jokingly ask me if i believe all that.. so i said, "no. but its funny." and that started a mini debate between me and my mom. She insisted that those were our ancestor's belief and it was passed down from generations to generations to us today and so they are true. And went on and on and again, criticized on how selfish christianity is... etc. I didnt know what to say. Maybe I did, but I didnt know how to say... How to let them know what Christianity really is. How to tell them how good it is to know God. How to let them see God, for themselves..

I often feel lonely. I am right now. In fact, I have nothing. I only have God. Now that I know Him, I am never going to let Him go. The brethrens Im close to in church might not be able to fully understand what im going through too. For they either have grown up in church, or they are not the only believer in their family. So sometimes, I wish I have someone, who had been through what Im going through, to cry with... and to pray with. Who can understand me but God?

One preacher always talk about how we should look towards our heavenly home. In fact, each time this is discussed, I will be thinking in my heart "Yes, Lord.. I want to go there. Please come quickly!" (remember that, to go back to our heavenly kingdom is why we became Christians for!) I've been through almost 1/4 of my life on earth and except to marry in the Lord and raise a godly household, there seems nothing in the world that is able to entice me to live on this earth. Nothing on earth that can satisfy me, except service and fellowship in the Lord.

But of course, God's strength kept me going each time I am weak. I understood my duty and commission. It is really up to me if I want the people around me to be saved.

haiiiii ok. Im done with feeling sorry for myself. When I am weak, that is when I am strong. God reminds me that as long as i am with Him, all things is possible. And He is always with me, I am not alone.

I know that my blog is probably regarded as pessimistic by unbelievers. I think I am perceived as being narrow-minded. "The world is so big out there! Such vast amount of knowledge waiting to be learned! Such beautiful places in the world waiting to be explored!" and yet I say there is nothing that can attract me?

Of course I would love to go travelling and take in new knowledge! But, if you think this world is so big and beautiful, imagine what the Creator will prepare for His people in the heavenly kingdom! I can't imagine... but I can't wait. And no knowledge is better than the knowledge of God. If only you would give yourself a chance to know Him.

okie. enough of babbling.. im having flu man ): must study hard hard hard.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates