« Home | The problem lies with me » | never tell me things, how am I supposed to know?th... » | *breathe, meixing.*breathe.don't erupt... » | blahh » | It is 530am and I am still awake. » | need to pray..... » | 孤独的操练 » | God's zeal » | O heart! » | Closing ceremony for 2007 » 

Sunday, March 16, 2008 

Overt appreciation

I'm quite flattered. I really didn't think that I would make a good friend at all, as much as I do try my best to be one. Yet, lately, people had expressed their joy to "have" me around, and I was honestly surprised, but very glad to know that. (:

Man likes to be appreciated. And often, man needs to be overtly appreciated, not just covertly.
没有说的话,怎能听见?
没有表达的爱,怎能感觉?

What about Jesus? Have I stopped appreciating Him overtly? I know that deep down inside, I really appreciate Him for choosing me, for leading me, for simply being with me as I walk heavenward. Did it stop there? If man needs to be openly appreciated, why don't we do the same towards God? Yes, He knows all things. He knows our hearts. He knows that deep deep deep (very very deep down inside -_-) down inside, we do love Him, and we do appreciate Him. But if we realise the importance of showing our appreciation to the people around us, why can't we apply the same principle to someone who means so much more to us? Unless He doesn't mean that much to us..

I ought to show my appreciation to God more than these. More than simply a quick "Thank you" in my prayers. More than simply making sure I attend services and Bible studies. I ought to shine for Him, so that people can see Jesus in me. I ought to love more and care more with a genuine heart, knowing that God desires that we care for His flock. I ought not to be ashamed of the old old story of the rugged cross, but to preach the word of God boldly, so that people may see the Truth. I ought to live my life for Him, because He has died for me.

If I can feel so happy because of how others showed their appreciation for me, imagine how God would be smiling in heaven watching you show how much you really appreciate Him.


P.S. Interestingly, there is two aspects to the word "appreciate":
1) to be grateful or thankful for
2) to value or regard highly

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates