« Home | the theolo lo » | the end of this chapter? » | 阿公 » | eternity.. » | Actually, I realised... » | piano, and still thinking about home. » | 回家 » | "Why not try laughing it off?" » | woOhOo! » | *SCREAM* » 

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 

Closing ceremony for 2007

So much has happened for the past month, the month of december 2007. So much has happened within my own heart too. It was hardened. It was broken. It was weak. It was healed. It was strengthened. It has to be the best theolo out of the three years, although there is still room for improvement definitely.

I have talked to so many people. Heard quite many stories. Also received advice. I learnt that indeed, each has his own cross to bear and to carry. I do feel sad that I am not able to help some others carry their cross. The only thing I can do is to pray that they have the strength to carry their own cross, for Jesus. In theolo, I watched this bunch of kids grow up. It is indeed encouraging. It is my hope, and I know God's hope as well, that these youngsters will continue in the good way that they are on right now and continue to stay together in the Church.

It was also a month whereby secrets were dug out. My own secrets. I realised that it isn't beneficial at all to keep secrets within you that you fear others will know. Of course, you have to keep secret those things that others entrusted you to keep lah.. But imagine, if nobody had secrets, this world will have no secrets, and everyone can face each other plainly and openly. 坦然地相对。How wonderful! That would be heaven. (:

Concealed weaknesses. You got to find that weakness and dig it out and present it before God. You got to face God plainly and openly. Otherwise, it is no different from deceiving God hey.. You haven't presented yourself totally before God. You are keeping some things back. You got to face up to that weakness, even if it will hurt you just thinking about it. You bring it to God in prayers and ask Him to take it away. You bring your weakness before God and He will make you strong. Don't try to fake strong in front of God. Don't pretend that it doesn't hurt you.

My concealed weakness. That was my secret. I feel so glad to be able to say it out finally, to people who meant so much to me, to people who are so special to me. I am so happy I am able to face my own weakness finally. No longer hiding from it. Whatever this may bring me, I shall see how God leads... But in any case, I am sure I am made so much stronger now, by God's grace. (: 神真是用心良苦!

The year 2007 had ended. It was a good year. Very fast, but a good year. Thinking back, there were Sabah trip, EWR at Edinburgh, ... then there was the death of my grandpa, which through it, God allowed me to grow.. then there was so many first experiences in serving the Lord, especially during theolo. And then I graduated from student theolo.. I no longer have the privilege or the excuse to be immature in the things of the Lord anymore. And finally, God allowed me to face up to my own concealed weaknesses.

A good start to a new year. (: 2008 will be good too. And if in the new year, I can finally keep my resolution which I had set for 2007, which is not to be late :X, then it will be one of the best years indeed. wahaha.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates