« Home | You know better than I » | buzz » | festive blues » | character » | Forgiveness » | A reminder to myself: » | 爱的名字 » | emo. » | This is Your promise to me » | 你们的罪必追上你们 (民数记 32:23) » 

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 

Have you ever had this experience:

On the long journey to somewhere familiar - it may be for work or for school,
You have the music playing in your ear from your MP3 player or your phone,
You walk towards your destination, everything seemed normal, usual, familiar.
But suddenly a strange feeling came over you.
It makes you shift uncertainly.
You are not so sure why you feel this way.
You are not even sure what feeling is that.
It's a unfamiliar feeling...
It's as though something came over you and suddenly you feel.
You became aware of your existence in that space you occupy.
You became conscious of your alone-ness in this vast world.
You act like you don't care, but your heart tells you otherwise.

I desperately wanted human contact with someone familiar at that point in time.
I had the impulse to text somebody - anyone.
But the message did not happen.
Which explains the existence of this scribble.
I simply wanted to jot down this moment in words, tho' it probably will never be fully captured on paper.
But, perhaps you have had similar experience.
Then you would know what I mean.

At the moment when my heart was laughing at me,
The music in my ears sang "Lord Jesus, I thank Thee..."
And I was comforted by God's existence with me.
And I continued on my way.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates