« Home | Comfort (taken from www.tjc.org) » | Will somebody tell me what to do? » | Last lectures... » | Html idiot » | Was Hitler a Christian? God takes pride in the sim... » | The Question of Who created Satan and Evil in the ... » | -_-" » | Emotion Mess » | 4 As » | depressed. » 

Monday, April 10, 2006 

God takes pride in the simple-minded II

Remember my entry a few days back on April 5 on "God takes pride in the simple-minded"? On friday April 7, God showed me these verses during service.

When i came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as i proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.

1 Corinthians 2:1-7

I was so excited when i read these verses. They spoke exactly what i had meant. Im glad that what i thought is in line with the thoughts of Apostle Paul :) and so they must be acceptable and pleasing to God.

Preacher Chin also posted the same question to the congregation again, encouraging us to find the answer ourselves, not wanting to reveal it yet.
The question is "Why was Elijah the representative of the prophets (and Moses the rep of the Law) when Elisha performed even greater miracles and deeds than him? Erh somewhere along that line.
[see Matthew 17:1-3 Jesus was talking to Moses and Elijah. see 2Kings 13:21 even the dead body of Elisha could bring a man back to life!]
i have to admit my bible knowledge is very limited. i especially dunno what was going on during the Old Testament time! :S i guess i must read more.. but if anyone of you know the answer, tell me!

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates