« Home | For when I am weak, then I am strong. » | Two endings and One beginning. » | joyful! » | the joy of the Lord is my strength. » | happy birthday 261106 » | ready, get set, GO! » | ready, GET SET, go! » | babble. » | Father’s Love » | READY, get set, go! » 

Sunday, December 31, 2006 

A new life of service to the Lord!

ok.... I so totally must blog today!! Its the last day of the year 2006! and ok, its JOYCE's BIRTHDAY as well!! (: (:

Hmmm.. wanted to do a reflection of the year.. but time is limited. and I wish to go out and do something tonight! I hope my family will really go somewhere... because Im willing to forego night cycling with my beloved brethrens for them..

Anyway, this year passed relatively fast... it started with my year 1 second sem whereby I stayed at my school's hostel... then was a three month break whereby I worked at ACTS. really miss aunty lily and uncle tay. think i want to go back visit them before I start my coming sem! then my second year of uni actually started. and very quickly, it ended. and THEOLO'2006 started! and very quickly it ended as well.

Theolo was great. It was different from my year one. but still it was great. I studied more about the Old Testament. has got a slightly better understanding now. (: I love the book of Esther particularly. Coincidentally (?), Esther means "star from the east" and since my name is also "star", I really hope to have a faith like Esther. A "If I perish, I perish." faith towards God and His people.

Friends wise, joyce and debby weren't here. but still, it was really nice being in the same class as the year 3s. got to know more people in church. (: preachers wise, this year I got to know the preachers who came better. And Im really thankful for their patient teaching, their care and concern, and their sacrifice. Truly thank God that He arrange such a beautiful gathering - His people gathering to study the word of God and worship Him.

And what is even more memorable for me is that this theolo is also where I began my service to the Lord. I presented in the choir for the year-end evangelistic services. I was praying so hard that God will work with us and that He may move the people who came personally. and Thank God! We knew that we weren't the best choir but i think we sang with our hearts. and God saw our longing to work for Him, to touch the people who came. Hallelujah!

And I also led a pre-service hymn session! I was kind of nervous! but i really wanted to do a good job... so I prepared and I prayed... and thank God, it wasn't scary afterall! the only thing is that, during the time I led, I was kind of disappointed cos I didnt feel the atmosphere of His people joyfuly raising our voices to worship Him. It was kind of like a routine singing session. It was kind of saddening. I wonder how I can help to lift up the spirit of His people to sing praises to Him! But in any case, I really thank God for this 2 opportunities and like how we end our session with "all glory to God", I truly give all glory to His name and pray that I leave nothing to myself... for pride is one of my biggest enemy and I fear falling away because of it.

And so, I guess thats about the summary for theolo'2006. I thank God because the problems I had initially were more or less solved. I saw God's guiding hand indeed. I thank God that wz went through the entire theolo, and I really pray that she learnt much from it and that God will guide and lead her personally. As for yb, it was really great to hear that she went to church herself the week before when I was still in theolo. I pray that she will continue her search for the truth and understand also that this is something between her and God and that what the people around her can do is only to guide her to the house of God. The rest is up to her.

Okies, thank God for a good 2006. The year I got baptised. This year I was reborn and immediately fed the word of God. Now that I am fed and a new year is coming, it is time for me to be determined to start my new life of service to the Lord.

May the peace of God be with all of us as we start a new year!

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates