« Home | These things that are in me..These tears that are ... » | A loss » | heart ache » | 重颂诗篇138 » | 诉说恩典 » | 我还有谁呢? » | 新心 » | goodbye » | Hann » | Fearless » 

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 

Request with Faith - from tjc tk

Jesus' disciples once asked Him why they could not cast out a demon. Jesus' answer seems simple, that if we had faith as small as a mustard seed, we could move mountains. But what a sight that would be—a mountain picking up to move because we told it to! Would you believe it?

It is never easy to put a matter that is dear to our hearts into someone else's hands, to trust another as much as we trust in ourselves. How then, do we transcend such human understanding to appreciate that God is not just "someone else"?

The first step, presenting your request to God, is your affirmation that He exists. We know to ask for the things we need because we were taught to do so, and because we have witnessed many prayers God has answered in those around us. When it comes to your own situation, though, you may find yourself asking, "When will that mountain get up and move?"

If we entrust a matter to God but entertain the thought that He might not be able to deliver, what does that say about our faith in Him? Knowing that He exists is very different from experiencing that He exists. Believing in what you ask for is a deep personal acceptance that God exists for you. Believing that God answers prayer comes from a faith that proclaims that God is the direct author of our lives. Do not focus on what the eyes can see; focus on what the Lord can do. In your heart, what is it that you would like for God to answer?

The Lord understands your needs and longs to show Himself to you. At the very least, you must meet the Lord halfway. God is infinitely faithful to you and He will grant your request if you have asked from the heart. Therefore, do not doubt when you present your requests to God. When you believe in your supplication, His peace will overcome you, assuring you that He has heard your request and His answer will soon follow.

Ultimately, whether or not the mountain moves is not the greatest objective. Rather, it is believing in God, regardless of the outcome, that is more essential as a measure of our faith.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess I have not been trusting in God enough. I have not been able to entrust everything to God. I was really afraid to lose all that I have. I still am. But then, I know and experience that God is really really by my side. The past few sermons I heard, I know that God is talking to me directly. I thought about Job. I thought about the few funerals I went to in the past month. I thought about the marvelous grace and mercy of God and of course, His great love for me. I don't know why I'm even worthy for all these. I guess I am not. But it is by His grace. He overlooked all my weaknesses. He wants me to be saved. He wants me perfect.

My heart still hurts. A lot. The tears will still roll down once I bend my knees in prayer. I have never lost so much. But I know, I just know, there must be a beautiful will of God in this. No matter what had caused things to become like this, I must shift my focus back to God. With God, through comfort from His word, and strength from the Spirit, with my family, Hann, and friends, I think I can get through this.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates