« Home | Jesus' brand of love » | 自己存在 在你之外 » | » | vanity II » | vanity » | This moment in time » | The parable of the pencil » | 脱去各样缠累 欢欢喜喜跟随 » | Actually, I know that I am very sad.But I also kno... » | Don't ask who the 'you' is, please. » 

Friday, October 10, 2008 

To my future husband-to-be

Do you know you have asked for the costliest thing
Ever made by the Hand above?
A woman's heart, and a woman's life -
And a woman's wonderful love.

Do you know you have asked for this priceless thing
As a child might ask for a toy?
Demanding what others have died to win,
With the reckless dash of a boy.

You have written my lesson of duty out,
Manlike, you have questioned me.
Now stand at the bars of my woman's soul
Until I shall question thee.
You require your mutton shall always be hot,
Your socks and your shirt be whole;
I require your heart be true as God's stars
And as pure as His heaven your soul.

You require a cook for your mutton and beef,
I require a far greater thing;
A seamstress you're wanting for socks and shirts -
I look for a man and a king.

A king for the beautiful realm called Home,
And a man that his Maker, God,
Shall look upon as He did on the first
And say: "It is very good."

I am fair and young, but the rose may fade
From this soft young cheek one day;
Will you love me then 'mid the falling leaves,
As you did 'mong the blossoms of May?

Is your heart an ocean so strong and true,
I may launch my all on its tide?
A loving woman finds heaven or hell
On the day she is made a bride.

I require all things that are grand and true,
All things that a man should be;
If you give this all, I would stake my life
To be all you demand of me.

If you cannot be this, a laundress and cook
You can hire and little to pay;
But a woman's heart and a woman's life
Are not to be won that way.

- A Woman's Question by Lena Lathrop

I have seen (and heard) enough unfaithful men in my twenty two years of life. Guys, you can't deny the fact that it is often the husband who has extramarital affair. I don't know why this is so. I don't understand why (most) men are like that. But I believe, and I pray, that my marriage will be a blissful, happy one. If God wills for me to get married, I pray that I will be blessed with a faithful husband and a happy family. We will serve the Lord and we will be very contented with a very simple life. We will have godly children who equally love God. (I was looking at some families during the recent REU day and I told myself in the future, I will also go for REU day with my family and we will have so much fun together.)

I know all these sound very fairy tale and all that, but I believe it can happen, as long as I keep seeking after the heart of God. I don't want to disappoint Him anymore, but I only pray that He may bless me in this aspect. In this life, I only ask for one thing - a godly and faithful partner. (okok, and also the salvation of my loved ones and myself :P)

But if it isn't the will of God, like perhaps it isn't God's will for me to marry, or that I married a terrible man, then I guess it is yet another lesson in life for me to learn. I will be very affected then, I know, but I pray that I will look back upon my life and remember all that I have endured, because of God, and find strength again to persevere. I can't possible give up, I have put in so much, endured so much, just to be with God. Meixing, remember.

In any case, on a more humourous note, when it really so happened that I am getting married, do remind me to show this poem to my future husband-to-be. I must make sure he knows what he is doing before I can commit myself to him, because I know that when I do commit, I use all of my heart (but of course, being smarter now :D, my heart is entirely with God. So, he will have to go through God first before he can have access to my heart.).

GUYS, before you make any rash commitment, please read the poem and reflect. :P Understand the seriousness of your action, especially the impact on the girl.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates