« Home | “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength i... » | Busy. » | Just so that you know i miss you » | The more I seek you - Kari Jobe » | REU Zoo Trip » | Ugly Ugly DollGet away from me and leave me alone!... » | Hebrews 12:14-15 » | Up » | burn-out » | Merry(?)-go-round » 

Sunday, October 04, 2009 

Bitter bit me last month.

I have been bitter long enough, haven’t I?

Bitter about the amount of work I have at school such that I am not even properly doing my job of teaching.

Bitter about life being unfair else I would have pursued my masters without worries.

Bitter about church, how things are not perfect, how love is not there, how people are not united as one mind…

Bitter about how pathetic I am, because when I am needing comfort, my friends are not even there.

Stop deceiving yourself!
You ARE bitter about many things.
Your smile is just a facade to hide your hideous heart.

Where is your self-professed love?
When was the last time you counted your blessings?
When was the last time you showed love to anyone?
If you love only those who love you, what love is that?

Where is your heart?
Where is your zeal, your enthusiasm?
You need to first love your students, love your job, before you can enjoy what you are doing.
Always remember the reason why you do this work.
Always remember the smiles you can put on the children’s faces.

During Holy Communion yesterday, we were reminded to put down our baggage of burden and throw them away!
I wonder how the speaker knew…

Prior to Holy Communion, the preacher also exhorted us to open the knots in our heart. I marvelled at the perfect timing this came for me, and I know that God is talking to me.

This feeling of bitterness has been hovering around me for too long.
I am sick and tired of it.

It is so NOT what I want to be, and it is so not Christian-like.

September was one of the most horrible months for me in terms of mental stress. Hah. But so happy to have survived it.

October shall be a new start for me :D
It’s time to take on a new perspective – why sigh? There is much to life than sighing and being bitter!


Let this smile that I am attempting again truly come from my heart.

October shall be a month of sweetness. No more bitterness!

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates