« Home | Bitter bit me last month. » | “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength i... » | Busy. » | Just so that you know i miss you » | The more I seek you - Kari Jobe » | REU Zoo Trip » | Ugly Ugly DollGet away from me and leave me alone!... » | Hebrews 12:14-15 » | Up » | burn-out » 

Saturday, October 10, 2009 

Lesson learnt today

"坦然。"

"我们基督徒的心要和我们的外在表现一样。"

And then she quoted the incident when she forgot to fit in her fake tooth when she went to buy chicken rice, and later laughing to herself all the way home.

And also the time when her friend took a second look at her because she was wearing her clothes inside out, and when prompted whether she wants to get changed, she replied with "Why? It is not like I am not wearing clothes."

I was surprised that God used a Christian from another church to remind me the truth about 坦然。This has been a difficult lesson for me, and I have to admit, I am still not getting it.

Often, when I look at other church's Christians and mingle with them, I would feel and see a difference. I always am not quite sure about it... Until today. I wonder, is it because they are more 坦然?

Is our church lacking this?

I have to admit that often when I look at other church's Christians, I would be judging them in my heart.

I would be thinking things like, "Why are they talking like that? Why are they behaving like that? Shouldn't they behave more properly, like Christians?"

But perhaps God was more pleased with them than with me. For I have been self-righteous, while they have been 坦然。Remember when Jesus looked at Nathanael and praised him to be a true Israelite, in whom is no deceit (John 1:47)?

I still want to be like Nathanael.
I too want to be 坦然。
Transparent - What you see is what you get.
I want to be like this.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates