« Home | I am sorry... » | The Reserved Moses » | I. am. not. happy. » | I am thinking of you. - God » | Life's principles in Romans 14 » | Malachi 1:2 » | reflect » | Prayer requests » | Waiting for my name to be called » | my roles » 

Friday, June 04, 2010 

weary

it was one of the most humbling experience
and one of the most touching moments in my life
as we sang together, i was moved by how singing can connect people together regardless of the disparity in their intellectual level.
they were so happy
one moved so vigorously to the music
i knew that was the moment God prepared for us, to feel His love in the midst.
Because at that point in time, I feel that God is telling me these are His little ones, and He loves them.

i wish life were simpler.
i wish i can be contented with a few action songs.
i wish art and craft of pasting eyes, nose, mouth, and hair can fill me with joy overflowing.

im weary
at times i wish i didnt have to care or worry so much
instead i wish i am being cared for

i wish i only need to care about myself and my own salvation
but thats not how it is
He wants us to build each other up.

was thinking of the hymn "teach me to pray" while praying just now
i really need that power
power from the Holy Spirit
power with men, and power with God

was also thinking about the verse
"in quietness and confidence shall be your strength" (Isaiah 30:15)
i desire to keep quiet
i desire not to speak until I know my own heart
something's very wrong here
and i need to reflect

but i am really very very humbled and grateful for the chance to serve the JYs again
i only hope they all went home full of the grace of God
and overflowing with His love to love others.
there is only so much one can do
and for now
perhaps i should consider a retreat for myself.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates