« Home | Up, up and away » | Gratitude/Nichole Nordeman » | simply confusing » | 牧者的心声 » | 不 要 心 怀 不 平 » | May I have this dance? » | Like the wind » | together » | Memories Before and Memories Beyond » | 这一天 » 

Monday, July 19, 2010 

when life hits you suddenly

The man who died in the bus-crane accident on Friday was the father of my student. He was the sole breadwinner of a very needy family.
While his death would mean such a great loss to the family, the rest of the country will probably only know him by the headline "One killed in freak accident"

Just last year, the whole family had appeared on a local variety show hosted by Michelle Chia that gave their house a makeover. Things seem to appear brighter... and then something totally unexpected came their way.

The boy is quite a dear student to me, and I wonder what can I offer to help, other than in prayers for the bereaved family.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates