« Home | May I have this dance? » | Like the wind » | together » | Memories Before and Memories Beyond » | 这一天 » | "song without words" » | like thorns » | He is faithful to bring me through » | desiring love » | Spring's 30! » 

Sunday, July 04, 2010 

不 要 心 怀 不 平

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret—it only causes harm.
(Psalm 37:7-8)

你 当 默 然 倚 靠 耶 和 华 , 耐 性 等 候 他 ;
不 要 因 那 道 路 通 达 的 和 那 恶 谋 成 就 的 心 怀 不 平
当 止 住 怒 气 , 离 弃 忿 怒 ;
不 要 心 怀 不 平 , 以 致 作 恶 。
(詩 篇 37:7-8)

Sometimes, in our zeal to serve God, we tend to get anxious and fret over many things.

"Am I doing enough to help this truthseeker in her faith?"
"What if I didn't do my part well to lead him and thus, he fall away?"

Or other times, we might get self-righteous because we think that the church should be like this, and should not be like that.

"How can this person teach/speak, when he hasn't been holy and doesn't do what he preaches?"
"How can the church not do anything about his misconduct?"

And then I realised my fault.
I have been passing judgements; but there is only One who judges (James 4:11-12).

Man may not know, but God knows.
If I claim that I care because this is my church and I am a part of it, surely He cares even more!
Surely He knows His church more than I do, and He knows His sheep.
So, He has His timing, and He has His plans.
He is on His throne, and He is in control.

I do not need to fret.
Whether it is regarding the preservation of the true church,
Whether it is about bringing people back to His fold,
God is the Commander.
He is the leader.

Be still, and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)

He is God.
And I am not.
I need only keep to my domain and fulfil my role and duty as His servant.

Yes! If God cares and He hasn't given up then we shouldn't too (:

d

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates