« Home | 这一天 » | "song without words" » | like thorns » | He is faithful to bring me through » | desiring love » | Spring's 30! » | weary » | I am sorry... » | The Reserved Moses » | I. am. not. happy. » 

Thursday, June 24, 2010 

Memories Before and Memories Beyond

After 7 full days of packing my room,
I am finally done -___-
(sorrry, yes... I'm a slow tortoise...and you wouldnt want to know that they are spread over 2 weeks, which means I practically spent my june holidays packing away :( no driving lessons, no reading, no writing, ....)

I sure have a lot of rubbish, which, strangely, this time round, I can bear with the thought of forever parting with them.

I really did throw many stuffs away this time.

Maybe it is because I am preparing myself for new changes.
Maybe it is because I am now ready for new changes.
Maybe it is because I now understand that the past will stay as the past; the present and the future are what I should embrace and look forward to.

When you can finally undo the tangles with the past, you'd find yourself excited about what might and is to come!

What's left now is to clear the two huge boxes which are lying dormant in the storeroom.... soon.

-----
As I was going through the things from the past, memories flooded my mind and brought me back to the days in primary school, secondary school, JC, .....

I came to realise that so many people have come and go in my life. No matter how short the duration of interaction was, it is amazing to me how two person's path can meet and then go on to our separate ways again.

I thought of the last day when all of us shall stand before Jesus... Will I see all these people whose path had once crossed with mine? Will I recognise all of them? Will I be ashamed to see them, because I have not share with them the true gospel?

As I rummaged through these trinkets of memory (some already hidden out of consciousness), some sense of guilt of lost ties and friendships also surfaced. It really isn't easy to maintain a friendship. Even a really good one... might also lose the battle to so-called Busyness and Time, or plain laziness to keep in contact.

Or perhaps one just do not have the resources to keep too many close relationships? There had been quite a number of close friends (and I really mean, close) whom I have lost, and with some, I had been through the highs and lows of life with them before. There was some prompting within me to attempt to contact them once again, and to invite them to church. Will I really do this for Jesus?

It is also somewhat strange, and amusing, to find out that, at each chapter of your life, there seems to appear someone whose personality and character matches another person who will come by at a later stage of your life.

So while, the former had vanished out of our life, the latter one sort of takes over. It is not only with close friends, but acquaintances as well. I seemed to be able to match some people whom I know from the past with some people I know right now. Their personality, their behaviours, and even their speech, can be so similar!

Maybe, God knows who and what we need... and He supplies them continually.

What an amazing God! He has been watching over me since those days...... up till this day.

And though I still fall short terribly of His glory, I know that His grace will bring me through, as long as I continue to cling on to Him all the days of my remaining life, creating new memories in Him.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates