« Home | Beautiful hollow singing Love » | Hymn of Promise » | Only Your love is perfect » | Trying to be bigger than what I really am supposed... » | 厌烦 » | when life hits you suddenly » | Up, up and away » | Gratitude/Nichole Nordeman » | simply confusing » | 牧者的心声 » 

Sunday, August 15, 2010 

On Messed-up Days

Messy. Selfish. Dry. Weary.

Have you had days like that before?

Days when you are not even sure if you can last till the end of that day?

Days when you are disgusted with your own hypocrisy?

Days when you feel like you can never stand blameless before God, because of all the wrongs you have commited?

I had days when all I want to do was to lie on the bed after reaching home from work and never get up.

Physical fatigue plus topping of shame.

Not sure how I measure up in the eyes of God now.

But when we feel as though we cannot go on anymore - where and how do I find the motivation to go on, God reminds us of the burning bush that does not burn up (Exodus 3:2).

Because there is God dwelling there; He is in the midst.

Therefore, though we are weary, though we are dry, we are not consumed. We can burn on and on.

The oil of the Holy Spirit sustains us; that is, if we know how to continue to rely on this holy oil in our everyday needs and struggles.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates