« Home | Sabbath tea time contemplation » | What is wrong with me? » | Sometimes » | Thoughts on happiness » | Pack, pack, pack » | First night in my "new" home » | 一點都不開心。。 » | 我真的好累。 可以不結了嗎? Wait for me to sleep enough and rec... » | With 49 days to go, why do I feel that we are grow... » | 为什么到了最后还是我一个人暗中哭泣。 » 

Sunday, March 31, 2013 

To a dear sister 7 days before her big day

I know your fears.

I know your anxieties.

They say it would be harder on the girl. And I can say it is probably true. But despite all these sacrifices that was made, in order for this day to take place, there have been rewards too.

Like waking up to seeing someone who would kiss you on the forehead and remind you that you are loved.

Like having someone accompany you through your sickness till you feel better.

Like sharing his favourite shows and knowing him more and more (sometimes, in a weird way).

There had been rough times, of course.

Like when it got so bad that I went back to my parents' home myself and cry my eyes out. But he came down to fetch me when I eventually got home just before midnight. And I know, his parents stayed up and waited for me too, though they didn't say a thing.

There were times when we needed some time apart too else we would be too close for comfort.

Like that time he went off to meet his friend and came back late. His parents probably thought we had another argument and asked him not to drink too much. Haha. I think we were both glad to have the time apart.

It gets better every week and it can only get better with time if two persons have the common goal in mind to build up a loving family that reflects His love.

And so after a month of being a Mrs, I have learnt that I have been quite silly being tied up with all the wedding planning. Because it isn't the wedding that matters, but the marriage that is important.

To be honest, I haven't probably look through all my photos and videos of that day. And we have yet to upload our photos from our honeymoon, or even look at them! You see, girl, life kind of just moves on. Sometimes we can't stay at one moment and try to savour it too long. Otherwise, we would miss out on other beautiful moments.

We move on, with the one we love, and learn to savour each moment with him.

So don't get too worried about the day. Neither should you think too much about what's after. Life has its way of teaching us what we need to learn. And that's because our dear Lord is behind it all. :) so, not to worry.

Labels: , ,

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates