« Home | The Butterfly » | More linkies » | MARBLE STORY » | God takes pride in the simple-minded II » | Comfort (taken from www.tjc.org) » | Will somebody tell me what to do? » | Last lectures... » | Html idiot » | Was Hitler a Christian? God takes pride in the sim... » | The Question of Who created Satan and Evil in the ... » 

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 

Emptiness/ Nothingness

Yes this is a concept of Buddhism. That everything is essentially nothing but karma. There is no such thing as a 'self' according to Buddhism. Well, i hope im not appearing to be selling the idea to you. In fact, i hope for the opposite. that you may disagree with the concept of no-self and agreE with me that we all have a soul.

In any case, i am one who is for the pursuing of the truth. As in, I think that everyone shld have a certain understanding of the various faiths. Of course, research and seek the truth with caution too because many things may not be what they are said to be. dun rush into it but seriously seek it with all your heart. The truth can never fall. It is there waiting for the faithful to discover and receive.

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

Im confused by the many religions that i've cramped in my head for my religion paper just now. I am glad that it is over but as i walk back to my hostel, i cant help but feel.. empty. hah. thats why i was reminded of the nothingness concept in Buddhism. In fact, as i said my prayers before i ate my (late) lunch, i cried. Its so weird. i dunno what's wrong with me!

It could be the paper. It could be that the stall sold finish wan tan mee. It could be that my sis wanted to meet me for dinner but i've bought my food. It could be the seemingly unfamiliarity i felt among the girls whom i met after my paper. It could be the gloomy weather. It could be that he is down with fever. It could be the lack of socialization for the past one week plus.

Well, i've been cooping myself inside my hostel room to study. But i cant tell you if it is more effective than if you study at the library with friends or stay home to study. I dun know. I think it is taking its toll on me already. Im starting to feel the after-effects now.

And yes, i have a high need for things staying the right way and going smoothly. I still cannot deal with changes that readily i guess.

But I guess the main reason is that i haven been giving time to God as well, though i am alone most of the time in my room. I believe that the 'empty' feeling i had in my heart is for a good cause. In fact, i feel very little anxiety over this exam as though they are all in the hands of God. I felt peaceful. There was this indescribable peace in my heart that actually left me feeling funny! because this is so unlike me! usually this period of time is when im most frustrated, most easily agitated, most anxious and most depressed! I attributed it to the grace of God.

And so perhaps, i haven been giving enough thanks to God for this peace. And this peace evolved to become emptiness. Nope, I am not saying that God made it to become so but that because i haven been attributing it to God, on my part, i forgot about the grace and even the presence of God, who is always with me.

Yes, maybe i cried because i was "awakened". when i once again humbled myself before God and thanked Him.

Anyway, i will definitely miss religion class and my religion mates. I love discussing issues on faith with them!! and i know that if they sincerely search for the truth, they can find it! (i can imagine ZhiSheng's skeptical look now!)

Well... one more week to go (and people are already proclaiming that they finished their exams alr on MSN)... endure till the end!

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates