« Home | Teachings from the rich young ruler » | The door is open; are you ready? » | Being close to God's creation. » | Im going onboard a ship. » | Heaven and Hell » | Let me do some churchwork! » | I want to get baptised. » | Blog Revamped! » | everybody's taking off. when will it be my turn to... » | The "Gospel" of Judas » 

Friday, June 02, 2006 

It's time to rest.

A traumatising day.

A mother got injured today. From what I saw, I think there was like a dent into the flesh of her foot. A medic came and bandaged the foot. Apparently, it was quite a deep cut... Her two kids cried. I was at a loss! I felt like crying too. What a bad thing to happen on a supposedly happy family outing.. Sigh.

But this affected us too. We got to stop our operations for the weekend until further notice. Andrea and I really feel quite bad... towards Rina. Not only that the earnings got lesser each day, now we've got to stop work altogether.

But we also realised this could be God's grace for us. We are indeed very tired already. And we were supposed to continue to help out tmr (friday) as well! Indeed, I thank God for the rest. He wants us to rest on the Sabbath and turn our attention back to God. Im glad. But i must also pray hard for Rina's business to resume asap.

Still, this three days had been fun. I love to see kids happy. Love to see families happy. I think I like downtown east. I also saw many kids with Down Syndrome, esp on the first day. I was quite astonished actually. I haven seen so many of such kids in just a single day! Indeed, there are so many other people out there less fortunate than us. Its just that we dun see them around us all the time.

But I also saw how their parents and siblings continued to shower them with love and care. It really touches my heart. I saw how grandparents dote on their grandchildren too, paying for their rides after rides. But somehow, man is weak. I guess fatigue overtook me gradually and by the third day (today), what I saw were mostly just naughty kids trying to subsitute the animal rides for bumper cars.... and of course, that unfortunate accident that causes the suspension.

As much as I claim to love small children, I think I still have to learn to have more patience and love. But this job made me realise I do love to communicate with small children. I truly hope that I will work with kids in the future.

I thank God for the opportunity to work with Andrea and Rina and got to know them better.
Thank God again for the rest. I know I truly need it.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates