« Home | A simple faith » | Man's freewill vs God's foreknowledge? » | Peace » | A blissful closure. » | Happy Youth Outdoor Service » | The Cracked Pot » | It's time to rest. » | Teachings from the rich young ruler » | The door is open; are you ready? » | Being close to God's creation. » 

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 

God's way

Have it your way? Or do it God's way?

What is God's way?

" "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts." " Isaiah 55:8-9

So will we never know His ways then?

A sister in church was recently jobless and several attempts to find jobs in Singapore keep failing and she had to go back and forth between Singapore and Malaysia. This has lasted for a couple of months already and she just went back again today. This made her wonder if perhaps God's will was for her to remain in Malaysia as she has things to care about over there actually. I have been praying for her to be able to understand God's will and if His will is really so, to let us have the courage to accept her remaining in Malaysia for long-term.

And the question remains. How do I know God's will?

I say, by trial and error. and this would require the Spirit of God to lead us. I thank God that He is slowly letting me realise His will and His commission for me. I have almost reach the end of the pit but He picked me up again. Why do I say trial and error?

When you try to solve a maths sum by trial and error, you first choose a random number. Same thing, in the initial stages, I didnt know God and my ways were against His ways. Then as the Spirit of God rebuked me and brought understanding to me, gradually I worked hard at changing my old self and to put on Christ. This is similar to when you subsequently modify the number, shaping it so that the results will get closer and closer to the ideal one. Of course, one is bound to fail as man is weak. And that is analogous to when the maths result suddenly turn haywire!

But we still work hard to shape it so that we end up with the ideal result. and that ideal is God's ways.

Importantly, with trial and error, I dun mean we anyhow randomly sin and see if it incurs God's wrath! That would be testing God already! But what I mean is to shape your life and your ways gradually and continually, each time improving so that the result gets nearer and nearer to the ideal -- which is God's ways.

For me, knowing God's will is somewhat linked to knowing God's commission for me as well.. i realised that God's commission to me (other than to preach and to pastor his flock) is also to overcome the weakness of my flesh. I see it as a commission because I realised that overcoming weakness of the flesh is not something that can be done and put aside with. Rather, it is something we have to work at throughout our entire lives! Each of us has got our own weaknesses and God is most pleased to see us relying on Him to do away with our weaknesses.

And so, by "trial and error", I am trying hard to keep to God's will. Trying my best to present myself unblemished in front of Him. I must accomplish this personal commission well.

This is the way I have chosen, the way I am going to take for the rest of my life until the day I meet Him. This is God's way.

Today, there are many ways in the world, many paths you can choose to take. But have you considered your own ways? Are they the right ways? Where are you headed? Are they pleasing to the Lord?

" "Is it time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses, and this temple to lie in ruins?" Now therefore, thus says the LORD of hosts: “Consider your ways! "You have sown much, and bring in little; You eat, but do not have enough; You drink, but you are not filled with drink; You clothe yourselves, but no one is warm; And he who earns wages, Earns wages to put into a bag with holes." " Haggai 1:4-6

If we truly have the heart to seek Him, He will most definitely teach us His ways and help us stay on this road to glory.

" Many nations will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. " Micah 4:2

Peace to all.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates