« Home | ANOTHER DOWN. » | Prayer Fingers » | booo. » | One down! » | God is my strength to get through. » | A Passage From Malachi » | mood swings? » | Forbidden City » | -feeling rather down- » | the amazing comfort of God » 

Saturday, October 07, 2006 

Do I Really Believe?

by Katherine Kehler

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him" (Romans 8:28)

My faith in God's perfect will for me was tested again this week. We were driving back to our home in British Columbia from California. Three days of driving and we would be home. Next week would be very full for we already had booked many appointments.

And then God interrupted our plans. Three hours out of Palm Springs our truck stopped and we couldn't start it again. We called AAA and four hours later a tow truck arrived and brought us to a service station. We left our RV on the shoulder beside the highway and prayed for God's protection over it.

Oh well, so we would have to stay in a motel for a day, that would be fine. At first we were told it was a minor problem and that it could be corrected in a few hours the next morning, but it was more serious and the two hours turned out to be two days.

I found myself getting irritable and impatient. We would have to change all of our appointments because we would arrive home at least two days later than we planned.

I turned to God and asked Him why I felt irritated and was not peaceful. He told me I was impatient and irritable because I didn't really believe that His plan for me was better than my own plan. That was true. I had to agree that I thought it was more important to be driving home than waiting in a motel room.

However, we were able to share our testimonies with a couple in a restaurant and a service man. That could have been one reason we were held up. But I think God wanted to reveal to me it is easy to believe that God's will is best for me when things go like I want. If God interrupts (or uses someone else to interrupt) my unbelief is revealed. I will give that area of my life to God so He can change it.

How about you? Has God been testing your faith lately? Do you really believe that God's will is best for your life?

Father, as an act of my will, I chose to believe that You work all things for the good of those who love You. I love You Lord and choose to trust You. Amen.

_____________________________________________________

Pr Chin AQ's sermon series on Moses really brought new perspectives to me. Today, he asked, "Do we really believe that God is almighty?" It made me ponder. Do I really? Or maybe, I am trying so hard to do certain things my way recently and "forcing" God to accept my ways as well. Have I shut my ears to the Lord? Have I chose not to look at God? What am I doing presently on earth? I seemed to have forgotten about my commissions as well.

Actually, those times when I kept murmuring over loneliness in church etc were the times when I was closest to God. because I've only Him then. When more people and more things come into your life, sometimes they obscure your view and you can't see God that clearly anymore. Sometimes you think you still do (in fact, perhaps you really do), but the vision is already blurred.

Do we really believe that God will guide our paths? That in the end, everything will work out, if we only trust in Him? Do we really believe therefore in the almightiness of God? Do we really believe that whatever kind of road we are faced with to walk on, its all for our good?

He told me I was impatient and irritable because I didn't really believe that His plan for me was better than my own plan. Perhaps this is true for me as well! I stuck to my own plan, hoping that it will be "approved" by God eventually as well... but why cant I just open my ears and seek God's advice?

Actually I don't like to have my visions of God blurred. I wish I could return to being that close with Him again. And therefore assured in His arms. Yet, I know that unless I give up certain pursuits and ideas that aren't really right, and then totally entrusting my life to the Lord, I cannot draw near back to God. Because all these are barriers separating me from God..

May I use this weekend to draw back to God and may my heart be open to accept what is of God (and put them into action).

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates