« Home | Happy birthday...... » | Mixed Emotions. » | the task at hand » | A faithful God + a simple faith = salvation » | "You number my wanderings; Put my tears into Your ... » | Can You Sleep While The Wind Blows? » | happy day » | let go? » | diseased? » | some thoughts... » 

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 

blessed (birth)day

I did not go out to have a great celebration today but throughout my twenty years of life, I feel that today was a good (birth)day spent. In the morning, my mom "celebrated" for me. Since my lazy brother did not want to wake up and sing me birthday song, my mom actually sang it to me. haa.. made a wish (guess what? Its the second time I am asked to make a wish and I made the same one (: ) and took photos with the cake and my mom too!

Then basically the afternoon was spent in school, having my two lectures. Im glad I didnt choose to miss them though. (: At night, had a good service in church. edifying sermon which God had planned beforehand. "Joy that is full" is the title when I realised I haven been joyful in the Lord lately! He is so amazing and marvelous in His ways!

The first thing that the elder said was that "man lose joy, because man has left God." This impacted me already. This is exactly what I am going through now! Therefore I need to find back my joy in the Lord.. I need to abide in Him and receive the fullness of joy from Him. May God pour out his love into my heart abundantly and let me remember to rejoice in Him always. And what happened next was even amazing. Two persons received (or was moved) the Holy Spirit! Im so happy!! God is really so amazing.. its always in His time and He knows it best.

And I satisfied my cravings for really cheesy cheesecake at cafe cartel tm with yuhua after service. This is also perhaps my "20th birthday celebration". Haaa.. but I am glad. cos our sharing only serves to edify me further in the ways of the Lord. I still have a long way to go but i am glad yuhua (and others) is here to help.

I reached home almost at midnight! quite drained... I received two presents today. I decided that I really like the Study Bible!! And the other present, of course I love it.

Thanks all for contributing to this blessed day. May the Lord renew me day by day so that I can remove the old self and wrong thinkings and be a new man in Christ.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates