« Home | Why I don't celebrate Valentine's Day » | Her story on friendships » | God will bring it to pass » | New year resolutions » | God’s Embroidery » | let go of the unnecessary on this salvation path » | A new life of service to the Lord! » | For when I am weak, then I am strong. » | Two endings and One beginning. » | joyful! » 

Thursday, March 08, 2007 

Denial

de·ni·al
–noun
8. Psychology. an unconscious defense mechanism used to reduce anxiety by denying thoughts, feelings, or facts that are consciously intolerable.

I'm quite capable of denial. When something happened that is not according to what I would like it to be, I pretend it's not happening. And I wait for time to pass me by and the thing is over and everything is back to normal.

Many things are happening around me all at the same time. In fact, I'm having a headache right now. Yar... the real physiological kind of headache that I frequently get. Well, you can say that I am having the psychological kind of headache now too. So many things to pray for. Me and my own problems. My family and their individual problems. Friends and the problems they are facing. Church matters and brethrens who are ill.

I am beginning to think that 24hours a day isn't enough. Nor is 7 days a week enough.... Why does God give us so many problems and worries?

But I believe that God's hand is in all the things that we face everyday. Especially if we are His children. We ought to have a God-centered life and believe that God is with us all the time. In a way, all things that we do are associated with God and should be so! Spouses are important, friends are important, our work is important.. but if things don't go the way you would expect them to go, God is in the picture and there must be something God wants you to see, to learn, to apply.

Perhaps I should stop being in denial and start facing life the way it is. Accepting facts and reality and listening out to God's gentle call.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates