« Home | Music at His feet » | cries » | July 22, 2007 (Sunday) » | Good life » | Here I am Lord » | 主的时候 » | What I long for » | lowest pit » | JOYFUL in GOD's abiding presence » | jetlag » 

Monday, August 13, 2007 

From May 1 to August 12, 2007

Today I went back to campus after a long three month break. Was it long? Hmm.. I think it was long enough. Shall be contented and thank God!

Please allow me to list down all the events that had happened in the past three months.

- Yuhua/Sze Fong's Wedding
- Love Feast @ Youth
- Worked at NTUC Income
- Mid-Year Spiritual Meeting cum 80th Anninversary
- Choir Fellowship @ Sabah
- EWR @ Edinburgh, Scotland (+ stopover London)
- Farewell, LQ
- Started on my daily meditation
- Mid-Year Evangelistic Services
- Led BS once, did tracting once, visiting once
- Started going for more BS
- Helping with the lyrics of a composition
- Started to learn music theory
- Outdoor Youth + Harry Potter movie with the sisters
- Post-Sabah Choir Gathering at East Meadow
- Started playing the piano
- Started to pack room

But what happened to my article? Eeeks, big procrastinator me. Sigh... (Oh yar, got to make sure that my grammar are right first. -_-")

I thank God that I had a rather good break, that I had the opportunity to grow. After going through so many things, I realised that I am still very immature. Many many things that I thought I knew, but really, I don't. A three-month-break is really a blessing from God. Cherish it, you guys who just entered university! And make full use of it. I wish I had done more... I hope that the list will continue to get longer and longer each holiday, but alas, I have only one 3-month-holiday left in my entire life.

It's ok, I am sure God will open the way for me to offer up my all to Him. Doesn't mean only during holiday then it is possible.. I just have to work at it.

But at the same time, I am quite determined not to neglect my studies le.. I can't possibly graduate as a Psychology major without remembering anything of Psychology! That will be wasting my 3-4 years of uni life. I think God will not be pleased with that as well. I need better time management...

And I am quite determined to just go ahead and pursue my interests! I will pick up piano and I am sure if I pray hard enough, I will be able to play reasonably well soon. Then, I will be able to play and sing by myself! Sounds 自闭 but oh wells. I won't have to keep pestering people to play the piano for me whenever I feel like singing.

And this three month break, I think I have come to know more sisters better. Really glad. And somehow, I have grown slightly more independent too. It took me a fall to learn that. I was growing too reliant on people that I realised this just isn't the way. I was needing people in church. But that was not right. Not really right. I need God in church, that's all. And when I have God, all other things will fall in place nicely. Which is what happened. I can bear with moving from group to group now, knowing that wherever I go, there's God beside me. I must make God my best friend!

This was also the break when I moved out of my comfort zone and got to know brethren from overseas. Previously I only know a few brethren from Perth or South Africa when they come to Singapore for theolo. I never really knew life beyond what I experience here in Singapore. Even more importantly, I never really knew the lives of brethren outside Singapore. And I have never been to any of our churches overseas, except the time when I just started attending church, I passed by TJC, Penang when on a holiday!

Through the fellowship in Sabah and the retreat in Edinburgh, I came into contact with brethren there and received much of their warmth and love. It was as if I have knew them all my life. I felt at ease and at home, feeling that common understanding, that common bond amongst us. I really miss UK actually. It was so nice there. I might consider migrating to Scotland in the future. (Oh, and I miss the days with em @UK too!)

And each time I enter a building with the name "True Jesus Church", whether in Sabah or in UK, immediately I feel happy and peaceful and I feel at home. I truly think that God is such a wonderful God. He truly wants to save all men. Even though we may be of different languages, or different colours, or different cultures, we are all one in the body of Jesus. It's so amazing (almost unfathomable!) that I don't know how to describe it. And it's really beautiful grace to me, because I am not even baptised for a year yet I have come to be a part of all these. Amazing grace, He has showered upon me.

I want to go out there into the world and to get to know all those that are in Christ. I miss the green pastures and wide open fields that passed us by on the train journey to Edinburgh. I miss the little sheep and goats and cows and horses grazing on the big plain. I miss the wide open skies, which in Singapore, seemed to be blocked by the towering buildings. After being out there, you realised that Singapore is indeed so small. Where you are, where you live, it is just so small. Move out of your comfort zone and see the world as God would like you to see. There are so many flocks out there, waiting for their Shepherd.

okok, I talked too much and digressed. But I still can't believe my three months just passed like that. Sigh. But it was fruitful ba. I still remember I "dedicated" my three months to the Lord the previous vacation, and that year I got baptised. This time round, it's another level of growth. I want to forever keep this wonderful memory in my heart. And I hope that with the start of the new school year, I will not slacken in my faith and my labour, but to do even more. (It's hard, but I must do it.)

Today I went all the way to campus for a one-hour lecture. -_- My FIRST lecture, after so long. But not too bad, even though its Biological Psychology (never touched bio ever before!). So anyway, it's looking good? I am actually quite looking forward to school now. But still got many things on hand to first settle settle settle.

Looking forward to the next big thing in church (since no more hymnal evangelistic ):, everyone can take a breather): Student Theolo Third Year!

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates