« Home | Here I am Lord » | 主的时候 » | What I long for » | lowest pit » | JOYFUL in GOD's abiding presence » | jetlag » | Scotland updates » | Updates from Gifford Park » | Reflections from Edinburgh, Scotland » | Peace beyond all understanding » 

Friday, July 20, 2007 

Good life

I had a funny recollection of what happened on Wednesday. It was the day when I woke up at 9am, the earliest ever since I got back. However, it was because I had a headache the night before and had to rest early. But nevertheless, I remembered that morning I woke up feeling refreshed and good and this thought came to me.

"Im having a good life! Simply waking up each day to spend time with God, through his Word and through hymns of praises."

Almost like in a monastery. lol. But its different. I really enjoy the time spent with God.

And that was when I receive a call from a job agency, introducing me to a job that would most probably take up all my time until my new school semester starts. I was tempted. Imagine the money I can earn and save up. But why did such an offer come when I was just beginning to enjoy this kind of carefree life with God? I had already set my mind to lead this kind of lifestyle until my school reopens! Yet now, a test.

Thank God the girl did not call me back. So, no job. But good life. Think it might have been a test from God. Or a temptation from the devil. Haha.. But it's all good now. (:

I shall enjoy the rest of my vacation in an intensive training programme in the wilderness with God!

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates