« Home | lowest pit » | JOYFUL in GOD's abiding presence » | jetlag » | Scotland updates » | Updates from Gifford Park » | Reflections from Edinburgh, Scotland » | Peace beyond all understanding » | Father, give me rest. » | drifter » | Pre-battle thoughts » 

Monday, July 16, 2007 

What I long for

All that my soul longs for
It is just You, O Lord of my heart.

Your Spirit compels me.
I dance with the Spirit's rejoicing,
I mourn with the Spirit in sorrow.

It is almost like you are me,
and I am you.

I desire to know what You desires.
I long after Your heart,
pant for Your ways,
seek after Your will.

But the wretched man that I am
makes me lose my standing in front of the Holiest,
time and again.
Not even worthy to crawl to Your feet.

Helpless,
Weak,
Poor,
when I'm without Your abiding presence.

Confused,
Lost,
when I forget to put You as my focus.

I yearn to give You my heart,
To give You all that I have.
But what do I have?
At times, I even lose sight of my own heart.
Lost it in the pursue of something I thought was better.

You are better.
Better than the riches of the world
Better than the kinship blood relatives share
Better than the fellowship brethren enjoy
Better than the love between a man and his wife.

Tasted what is really good,
Only then can I understand what is worth pursuing.
I want to run after You forever.

This is the race I have registered
And I will train
And I will run
And I will persevere
Until I see the finishing line
Until I see You there waiting for me
Until that day when I shall meet You
Face-to-face.

And You shall tell me all things
And I shall understand all things
And I shall dwell in Your presence forever.

I shall be like You
on that day.



I desire nothing else now,
except You.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates