« Home | To my future husband-to-be » | Jesus' brand of love » | 自己存在 在你之外 » | » | vanity II » | vanity » | This moment in time » | The parable of the pencil » | 脱去各样缠累 欢欢喜喜跟随 » | Actually, I know that I am very sad.But I also kno... » 

Monday, October 13, 2008 

The wound

There was once I got really hurt and I got this really bad and open wound. I was crying so hard, thinking that there is no way it can be healed. So what I did was, I simply hugged my wound everyday, looking at the open wound and feeling this pain in me.

Eventually, time (and God) closed up the wound. What was in place of the open wound was then a piece of very dead skin (I don't know the name for it!). It sealed up the open wound so that the pain seemingly is gone. I don't feel the pain that much anymore.

One day, I was looking at the piece of dead skin and I started to wonder to myself how on earth did I get that? I started to pick at the piece of dead skin, thinking that perhaps by prying open that piece of skin, I can get the answer I wanted.

In the end, the piece of skin was torn and I was left with a open wound again. The pain came back.

I think, I must leave the wound alone until the dead skin which seal up the open wound actually drop off by itself. Only then perhaps there is a chance that the wound can be completely healed. Perhaps if I let it alone, there might not even be a hint of a scar after it has been healed.

It is not easy though. Remember that although it is a period of healing when the dead skin closes up the wound, it is also a period when it itches the most. You tend to fall back on your own instinct to scratch the wound.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates