« Home | tired? » | The blessing of the LORD makes one rich, And He ad... » | the key that made it different » | Learning to Wait » | Be still and know that I am God (Ps 46:10) » | Contemplation » | emo/despair mode » | Life is more than these » | Rogerian's "towards betterment" » | Maybe Someday » 

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 

Near to the heart of God

It's a cloudy day today! But I'm stuck at home trying to digest all my readings. Took a break though, to notice two construction workers with their yellow helmets sitting on the rooftop of the block of flats opposite mine. They were seated at ease, so I reckon that they were taking a break? Near each of them was a pail (paint?) and there was this rod-like thing that stick out of it. They looked like they were fishing! HAHAHA. I was really tempted to take a photo! But I was afraid that I was intruding into people's privacy. But hello, they are seated at the rooftop. Who can't see them???

Then another one caught my eye. He was standing on even higher ground, at the staircase where it had led them to climb to the rooftop... and he was just looking straight ahead..

Suddenly, I had this strong desire to want to be up there too. To be so near the sky, and the clouds! (It is REALLY very cloudy today. Huge masses of clouds filling all the blue spaces of the sky.) And also being able to look down upon earth, at the people, the cars, the buildings.... and seeing how people busied their day through, while I just sit up there and breathe and take in everything that God had created.

And then, I suddenly realised that God must be up there now, watching all of us. As we busy through our days, or our lives even, He has always been up there watching us. He is keeping watch over us, but He is also watching our every moves. What we do, what we say, what we think, how we spend our time that He has given us, whether our thoughts and actions match, whether we are genuinely sincere in our love, etc etc. I wondered how He was thinking about me at that moment. I wonder how He has been thinking about me all these days. Have I been living up to His expectations? Have I been pleasing Him with my thoughts and actions?

One day, I shall be up there too, with my God.

---

And then, the sun came out. And the workers were back to work, painting the block of flats. And my Hann continued to sit by the door, silently waiting for my mom to return home from work. On a typical day, Hann sits by the door from 2plus to 4plus pm, depending on what time my mom returns home after work. What faithfulness! And in fact, trust, that my mom would be home soon.

What about me? Am I able to wait silently for my God to come, and trust that He would?

learning to wait too..

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates