« Home | Violin Lesson #1 » | Loving me, loving God » | Almost lost Hann today » | my lovely ladies » | valley low » | traumatised part ii » | traumatised. » | Overslept and took MC today. » | I can't believe it! » | The moon was beautiful tonight » 

Thursday, February 25, 2010 

naive

During a prayer just recently, I suddenly had a thought that produced in me fear.

I suddenly saw everyone growing up and progressing through their lives, but I was left behind, as a child.

I have always thought it is okay to be more childish and ignorant than my peers. That's just the way I am.

So I didn't know why I felt so afraid.

Perhaps a message was trying to get through to me here.

That I cannot be a child forever.

Does that mean I have to throw away my child-like, naive dreams?
Does that mean putting both feet on the ground and simply toiling to earn a living?
Does that mean giving up my childish pleasures for the demands of my duty as an adult?

As the days go by and one grows older, the pressures to throw away dreams and pleasures for the duty of this life gets stronger.

And as I insist on pursuing the things of my heart, I seemed to have neglected the more essential issues of living? Which brings me back to the thought I had, "Do I love myself more than I love God? Have I been loving myself too much?"

Was that fear a wake up call to grow up and be a man (or rather, woman)? Which sometimes, or rather, often, mean sacrificing your own wants because of your responsibilities on earth?

Sigh, I am still so not ready yet.

And He said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 18:3,4

His answer is there..
and here is a poem I came across as I passed the hallway to get to class (:

Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

Most of what I really need to know about how to live and what to do, and how to be, I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sandbox at nursery school.

These are the things I learned:

Share everything.

Play fair.

Don't hit people.

Put things back where you found them.

Clean up your own mess.

Don't take things that aren't yours.

Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.

Wash your hands before you eat.

Flush.

Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.

Live a balanced life.

Learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.

Take a nap every afternoon.

When you go out into the world, watch for traffic, hold hands and stick together.

Be aware of wonder.

Remember the little seed in the plastic cup? The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that. Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the plastic cup -- they all die. So do we.

And then remember the book about Dick and Jane and the first word you learned, the biggest word of all: look.

Everything you need to know is in there somewhere. The Golden Rule and love and basic sanitation. Ecology and politics and sane living.

Think what a better world it would be if we all -- the whole world -- had cookies and milk about 3 o'clock every afternoon and then lay down with our blankets for a nap. Or if we had a basic policy in our nation and other nations to always put things back where we found them and cleaned up our own messes. And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out into the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together.

-Robert Fulghum-

I am not ready too but it is best to holds and stick together.

d (:

wow... my perfect world.
eat cookies and drink milk every afternoon before a nap.

maybe I will get that when we return Home.

thanks, dear. (:

but just a side note, i realised im still teaching some of those things you listed to my students. Guess that's the hard part.

m

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates