« Home | Would you dance with me in the minefields? » | On Messed-up Days » | Beautiful hollow singing Love » | Hymn of Promise » | Only Your love is perfect » | Trying to be bigger than what I really am supposed... » | 厌烦 » | when life hits you suddenly » | Up, up and away » | Gratitude/Nichole Nordeman » 

Friday, August 20, 2010 

Can I see the face of God?

I thought it was fine that we aren't crossing each other's paths.

Because that means we are not stepping on each other's toes.

But Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck and kissed him, and they wept. (Genesis 33:4)

I wonder how Jacob felt prior to meeting Esau. I think he would rather not meet him? He was unsure of how the meeting might turn out... and uncertainty always makes people apprehensive.

While I try to make sense of this knot in my heart, God's Word caught my attention.

And Jacob said, “No, please, if I have now found favor in your sight, then receive my present from my hand, inasmuch as I have seen your face as though I had seen the face of God, and you were pleased with me. Please, take my blessing that is brought to you, because God has dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough.” So he urged him, and he took it. (Genesis 33:10-11)

Despite all that Jacob had done, this meeting was an amazingly heart-warming one. And I believe that Jacob knows for certain that the hand of God is in this.

Therefore, to be able to see Esau's face at such a close proximity, Jacob likened it to seeing the face of God. Because God is there, with them.

Is it time then... to see the face of God?

I hope to see the face of God.

But first, I need to cross the hurdle of my heart.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates