« Home | i think my eyes are gonna burst » | under the hazy weather » | closure » | Communion with Holiness » | Yearning to have.... more of Jesus first » | I am.... » | 老师 » | My peace » | You can't get there! » | Much pondering » 

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 

the pain that almost killed me

A migraine headache is a throbbing or pulsating headache that is often one sided (unilateral) and associated with nausea; vomiting; sensitivity to light, sound, and smells; sleep disruption; and depression.

The cause of migraine is unknown. The condition may result from a series of reactions in the central nervous system caused by changes in the body or in the environment. There is often a family history of the disorder, suggesting that migraine sufferers may inherit sensitivity to triggers that produce inflammation in the blood vessels and nerves around the brain and scalp, causing pain.

(http://www.neurologychannel.com/migraine/index.shtml)

Stress can not only cause migranes!

I learnt in class last thursday that everyone who has had chickenpox before still has the virus hiding in their nerve cells!

Too much stress can weaken your immune system and cause the hidden chickenpox virus to reactivate as Herpes zoster which spreads via your nervous system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_zoster

I had that before!! Hah.. Didn't know it was cos of stress... Sigh I have been stressed since my secondary sch days.... :S

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates