« Home | grace upon me » | On a journey » | God's sufficient grace » | Saying good-byes » | I need me-time » | ... » | the classroom is (was) my world » | broken without but not within makes us stronger » | (Christian) Values » | He is not different; we are all the same. » 

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 

The touch

A lecturer who was sexually and physically abused by his father when he was a child. Today, he is holding the hands of those who are abused and alone, and crying with them.

A student who is trying to find the words for what is happening within her. Today, she held my hand, while tears roll down her cheeks.

It really is a broken and torn world. And we are fighting hard to live on.

Did God cause all these sufferings?

No, it was sin and it still is.

The evilness around us and the wickedness within. The evil without is pressing against us in all directions, while the wickedness within is pushing out, as though tearing up one's inside.

The result? Pain, confusion, depression, anxiety, struggle....

If only we know. That the only way we can heal is through the only Healer, the only way we can be built up is through the only Builder, and the only way our broken lives can be made whole again is through the only Body who was ever broken, for our sake.

I realized the touch of her hand still lingers.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates