« Home | I need me-time » | ... » | the classroom is (was) my world » | broken without but not within makes us stronger » | (Christian) Values » | He is not different; we are all the same. » | :'( » | random » | To know You » | 改名 - 新 » 

Monday, March 28, 2011 

Saying good-byes

I don't like goodbyes.

I usually live in denial until that very last moment when he/she is really going to be gone.

I was still in denial today, until I hear her speak from her heart her emotions.

And I felt how hard it was for her, in the midst of all that laughter and noise, to comfort her soul knowing how much she will miss all these. Through her eyes, I saw how much all these meant to her, how much we meant to her.

I don't like goodbyes.

And through experience, I discovered that the way to protect yourself from the hurts of goodbyes is to detach yourself. But kinda selfish, isn't it?

I'm glad God gave me the opportunity to spend time together and to create fond memories together. And though I tried to detach myself, I am glad that ultimately I can share in her sweet bitterness. I will not have any regrets even if I should cry my eyes swollen that very last moment when she is gone... because it is not only on this journey of life that our paths have crossed, but our heart-paths have crossed too...

When you have crossed your heart-paths with somebody, it is hard to stay detached and feel nothing... when that person decides to leave.

But I know God will have mercy and He will keep watch between the two of us. And when we stay close to God, we stay close together too.

You know that I will surely miss you.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates