« Home | some random thoughts.. » | Are you working for God? » | random thoughts.. » | A lost friend. » | Why God Allows Pain » | can finally breathe! » | SICK :( » | Happy birthday! » | falling sick... » | "Mother Teresa of Japan" » 

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 

Netball crazy!!

i really enjoy netball. (: even though i didnt play just now, just looking at them play makes me feel happy. i remembered i once told a church sister that i feel that netball is actually like an art. if you are able to execute those moves perfectly, the ball can be passed on and on very smoothly and quickly. from a centre pass, it can take just 3 (or even 2??) passes to get a goal! and you feel very satisfied when you and your team are able to do that.

netball is also very very much abt teamwork. in fact, to me, i feel that netball IS abt teamwork. forget abt the star shooter or whatever. i mean, yar, they are good but you need teamwork to pass the ball to her before she can shoot a perfect goal. (btw 'goal' sounds funny... whats the term to use in netball!!?)

watching them play also reminds me very much abt my previous netball team in tj. i really enjoyed those times with them. it was my first sports team and the first time i experienced such teamwork and unity and bonding. i remembered our ups and downs. our struggles. our girlie chats. our camps. the time spent in the toilet after trainings. our tough trainings esp after coach vivien came. i remembered how we shared the experiences of our bags being stolen, of the pervert in the toilet, of birthdays celebrated.... (: i remembered their encouragements for me. i remembered the games we played. the positions we take. i remembered our runs to east coast park. the list is just endless and it'll only make me cry!

i just want to say that you guys (my tj netball team) will always have a special place in my heart. it was the first time i experienced such friendship and closeness. its like all of us are one with one goal and that is to play netball well. even though we have more or less gone on our own ways, i really really want to say THANKS for all those times that we shared. they will remain as beautiful memories in my heart. no other teams can replace this team's special place in my heart!

anyway, before my dad fetch me home, im glad i went to shoot. it feels great holding and playing with the netball. uncle xiezhuo came along and helped me get rebounds. and i felt like a professional shooter! haha. it feels great each time the ball went in! actually i miss playing netball!! i muST play next week. please get well soon!!

ohh. haha i kind of also plan to start running at least once every week, on top of running during netball trainings. as in, really go run round the track or something for a certain amt of time or distance. will i do it? stay tuned!

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates