« Home | Thoughts on a train to TTSH » | Anguish » | From May 1 to August 12, 2007 » | Music at His feet » | cries » | July 22, 2007 (Sunday) » | Good life » | Here I am Lord » | 主的时候 » | What I long for » 

Friday, August 17, 2007 

He nodded, and I cried.

I can't believe he nodded.

As usual, he was sleeping. I have not yet seen his eyes opened for the past three days when I visited him. But when I was about to leave the hospital, I decided to let him know. I touched his bony, wrinkled hand, while calling him 阿公,阿公!But he didn't really respond. I thought he was sleepy. So I told him I am leaving, while my uncle and grandma also told him that in Hokkien. I looked at him, and felt sad that he couldn't even realise my existence there and then. That I, his granddaughter was actually there to visit him. He can't even know that. It's like, as he sleeps, he is oblivious to his surroundings. That was when I decided to say bye again one final time. I said, "阿公,我先回了。你好好休息hor.."

Then he gave a nod. I couldn't believe my eyes. I asked in surprise, "He nodded?" Someone replied, "Yes, he nodded."

I felt a sudden surge of emotions rushing through me and threatening to flow through my eyes.

His nod acknowledged my existence there and then.
His nod acknowledged my love and concern for him.

I am not close to any of my grandparents but now, I wish that I could turn back time, to have the chance to grow closer to them.

Sabbath is approaching. Pray that God grant me and my family peace, and continue to have mercy on my grandpa.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates