« Home | super heng :P » | going away to a faraway land » | thanks, Hann » | Request with Faith - from tjc tk » | These things that are in me..These tears that are ... » | A loss » | heart ache » | 重颂诗篇138 » | 诉说恩典 » | 我还有谁呢? » 

Sunday, July 20, 2008 

It was too painful for me

Truly God is good to Israel,
To such as are pure in heart.
But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled;
My steps had nearly slipped.

I was dropped to the lowest pit,
and was left there to struggle.
Why did You allow such pain?
Why could You bear to see those tears?
How could you take away all that I have,
and still desire that I worship You?

When I thought how to understand this,
It was too painful for me -
Until I went into the sanctuary of God;
Then I understood..

I could have died. I would have already been dead.
But You loved me so much that You saved me once more.
You cried alongside with me.
You felt the pain within my heart.
And You touched my heart with your nail-scarred hand,
in order to let me heal.

Thus my heart was grieved,
And I was vexed in my mind.
I was so foolish and ignorant;
I was like a beast before You.
Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You hold me by my right hand.
You will guide me with Your counsel,
And afterward receive me to glory.

You still accepted me despite all that I have done.
You are moulding me to perfection,
wanting me to rely completely on You,
for my own good.

Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart fail;
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

It is good for me to draw near to the Lord,
I have put my trust in You.

-adapted from Psalm 73

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates