« Home | otiose » | The wound » | To my future husband-to-be » | Jesus' brand of love » | 自己存在 在你之外 » | » | vanity II » | vanity » | This moment in time » | The parable of the pencil » 

Thursday, October 16, 2008 

O return to me, sweet Holy Spirit

When in the spring the flow'rs are blooming bright and fair
After the gray of winter's gone,
Once again the lark begins its tuning
Back in the meadows of my home.

Lord, make me like that stream that flows so cool and clear
Down from the mountains high above;
I will tell the world that wondrous story
Of the streams that flowed from Calvary.

Lord, to my heart bring back the springtime,
Take away the cold and dark of sin;
O return to me, sweet Holy Spirit,
May I warm and tender be again.

(TJC Hymn 437)

I know the reason for my moodiness these few days. Even if you haven't seen it on my face, I can feel it in my heart. The heaviness that drag you down. I know the reason when I went up to pray last night. I have been suppressing my tears. I didn't want to let them flow because I had told myself, "No, you shall not cry anymore." But it was only when I knelt down before the presence of my God that I realised I had to cry to Him. He will cherish my tears, and He will keep them. He will remember them. I can safely cry out to Him and have Him comfort me.

I want to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Then I wouldn't be having all these dumb emotions that clings to my heart and refuses to let go.
I want to like that stream, so cool and clear. I want that peace in me.
I want to be warm and tender. So that people around me may also receive that warmth.
I want that spring that comes after the winter.

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates