« Home | I'm not okay, God » | the pain that almost killed me » | i think my eyes are gonna burst » | under the hazy weather » | closure » | Communion with Holiness » | Yearning to have.... more of Jesus first » | I am.... » | 老师 » | My peace » 

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 

quiet @ work

I saw that the loop (for holding belt) was sewn back.

She must have seen the thing hanging loosely while doing the laundry and took the trouble to mend it.

Quietly.

Don't all mothers do that?

Quietly mending the broken things without asking for anything in return.

They don't declare it in their appraisal forms.

They don't do it for a favour in return.

They do it simply because of love for their children. And they feel good when their child feels good.

...

I believe God is also quietly mending the broken toys and loose buttons of my life.

I may not see it right now. I may even feel that He is so far away and He does not even care. I may think that He is too busy for me.

And the truth is, I have been feeling all of these.

But two things came to my awareness today that gave me this lovely realization.

The first, God has arranged for her at that time and place to give us a pleasant surprise. And we were both touched by God's little gesture. The second was the sewn-over thread.

When I saw the sewn-over thread on where it once came loose, I finally know.

He had been quietly working.

He saw the broken parts and the loose threads. He saw the emptiness in the glass.

And while, at times, we cannot see Him at work, He is quietly working, mending and repairing. Because, being Him, He does not need to declare what He has done for us. He is our Father, and surely, He wants the best for us.

And so, while I am still in the middle of the broken parts and torn pieces, and the emptiness in my being sometimes deafen me, I know now that He is still there, quietly working for me.

Who knows if He would give me another pleasant surprise again?

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates