« Home | 改名 - 新 » | wait » | His peace guards my heart » | in love with You » | A song with words to heal » | wait a little longer » | I need to keep warm » | Between dreaming and waking » | Fear not, little flock » | In the absence of words » 

Sunday, February 20, 2011 

To know You

Home visits often give me much food for thought.

One is from such a pious Buddhist family, with really kind parents. They even offered me a ride to my next home visit!
The other's background is such a contrast, living in a one-room apartment, and being heavily subsidized. But what a mature and sensible boy that sometimes I would even wonder if he is a fourteen-year-old! Despite being mildly intellectually disabled, the maturity and sensibility he shows melt my heart and brought tears to his mother's eyes.

I.. really want to share the greatest gift with him - of knowing the true God and having Him to guide and strengthen all the days of our lives. But I dare not... Not yet... And I dare not even plan or think of ways of how I may bring him and his family to church. I dare not imagine how church may help this family. I dare not imagine that God would heal him. I dare not imagine that being in church would definitely make his life better.

I dare not..because I really want to. And I really pray so. But what if God's will isn't how I imagine it to be? What if God has other plans for him?

I dare not think too much nor plan too far ahead. I think what I can do is just to use the love of Jesus to love this dear boy and family while praying for a chance to bring them to church, to bring them before God Himself, and also pray that I have the wisdom to see that chance and to grab hold of it.

I dare not take things into my own hands. I dare not rush into things. I shall keep this in my heart. I must pray over this for a while.

Dear Lord Jesus, will You please have mercy?

Labels:

I will pray for him and his family too..

d.

thanks (:

i hope i won't lose him, if he is the Lord's sheep.

m.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates