« Home | wait » | Enough for a day » | Counting graces.. » | Ohh I probably need more food too.Starving. » | my baddd » | thankful... » | as a counsellor... » | Were there times when you felt like nobody underst... » | Hann and Melon » | thankful... » 

Thursday, May 19, 2011 

God is over all

I saw a young boy and a young man skipped their way into the train.

Are they father and son? Maybe not..

The little boy started playing with an iPhone, while the man is holding a toy car.

Giggles. What a funny sight.

Our little ones are really living in a world very different from ours. With just a touch of their fingertip, they can access an ocean of knowledge. They need only snap their fingers. Will they understand how we have to bend our back and bathe in our sweat under the hot sun just to get rice to eat?

They won't really understand our world. And we probably won't really know theirs. Just as I won't ever understand my student clients' worlds.

I look at this beautiful sight as man and boy converse. I smile.

Then I look beyond them to see the great number of cars on the roads and people shuffling their way home. And I thought, how many of this kind of beautiful sight can I really see?

Not many.. I have come to think that in this world, there are more sorrows than joys, more tears than smiles. I see people struggling. I see people failing. I see people stuck. I see myself struggling, failing, stuck.

A mixture of emotions came over me.

But as Amazing Grace (My chains are broken) played without words in my ears, I can't help but know that amid all these, amidst the pain and tears, the struggle and all, amid the laughter and fun, bonding and love, whatever the situation, God is still over all. He is over all. He is in control. From where I was, I can see the people on the train and the people beyond on the busy roads, yet He can see even more, even further than that. How can I not fall at His feet and love Him, more than anything?

I am not God. I cannot do a lot of things. I have said a prayer for her and I think she would be fine, in God's hands.

I almost thought i'm heading for church. Would love to really go down on my knees now and say a prayer.

---
Studies have shown that the way to having a healthy mental mind is to count our blessings. We may do so daily, or weekly. So even though I'm seeing more pain than joy, more struggles than smiles... the way to lead a God-centered, God-glorifying life is to simply count our blessings, choosing to look at and remember the beautiful moments, even as we are in the middle of tears and struggles and even as we acknowledge the fact that this world is not wonderful...

Labels:

o_O

counting...keep counting...

d

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates