« Home | Updates from Gifford Park » | Reflections from Edinburgh, Scotland » | Peace beyond all understanding » | Father, give me rest. » | drifter » | Pre-battle thoughts » | REAL-ly? » | fragments of memories » | Dengue » | 谈婚论嫁 » 

Friday, June 29, 2007 

Scotland updates

Day 5

It is already nearing the end of the retreat! It's amazing how time really just sped past. The past two days were used for our full-length articles and I am still in the process of my first draft. It is kind of exciting, but at the same time worrying. Exciting in the sense that I can actually be part of the Literary Ministry, serving God in this manner. That my words, according to the motivation of the Holy Spirit, can be passed on from generations to generations. That is the power of LM, that the words of God never fade away, and it stands as testimony for God, throughout the ages. Worrying, because I have come to experience fully what it means to have the Spirit abiding in you in your service and how scary it is when He leaves you. I need God in my service, otherwise I have no ways of even serving Him anymore.

Throughout these three days of work, one valuable lesson that I have really learnt from this retreat is the importance of bible study. If we want to serve in this area of ministry, the bottomline is that we need to know the bible. And that means spiritual discipline. And I am quite determined to go and know my stuffs now. I need to be equipped as a writer for God.

I really appreciate the pains the coordinators went through, getting us to do webbing, clustering, Content Outline, and research. This three days of bible study were reallly valuable lessons. I realised that if I keep a teachable heart, I can discovered new things each time I flip the bible. It's really amazing. Sometimes, I am just too lazy to read finish a passage that I am unfamiliar with. But I discovered that if we really set our heart to ponder over the word of God, He really shows us deep mysteries.

I really need some rest. Tomorrow is basically the last day of our retreat since Saturday is Sabbath. A whole day of writing. I hope my first draft will be ready tomorrow.

The sun sets at like 10pm here? I wonder if tmr's night service is considered Sabbath service then. lol :X

good night.


Gifford Park
June 29, 07 Friday
00:50

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates