« Home | in love with You » | A song with words to heal » | wait a little longer » | I need to keep warm » | Between dreaming and waking » | Fear not, little flock » | In the absence of words » | "eat pray love" - december adventure part ii » | my december adventure part I - dee em @ theolo » | the heart of worship - jesus » 

Sunday, January 30, 2011 

His peace guards my heart

Better to go to the house of mourning
Than to go to the house of feasting,
For that is the end of all men;
And the living will take it to heart.
Sorrow is better than laughter,
For by a sad countenance the heart is made better.
The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning,
But the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.
(Ecclesiastes 7:2-4)

I like to go to the house of mourning because it helps me to remember to number my days.

And I know that it pleases God
to see His children always gathered together
no matter what's the occasion.
To congregate together under one roof in His name
and to have Him in our midst,
that's a true blessing.

You have been someone dear to me;
and as I ponder over your loss,
I wonder,
How would I feel in your shoes?
I thought of the people who I lived with,
who I interact with every day.
Have I cherished them?
Will I miss them when they are gone, like you are now?

So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom.
(Psalm 90:12)

“LORD, make me to know my end,
And what is the measure of my days,
That I may know how frail I am.
(Psalm 39:4)

The continuous rain
The overcast skies
The waters that splashed against our feet as we walk
The cold
All these seem to paint a gloomy picture, and dampen our spirits...
And at this moment, many past memories came into mind
And while at this moment, many many things remain uncertain, and I am not sure where this road ahead will lead me to,
I am glad to have spiritual companions like you in my life.

And while the wonders of God continues to unfold before my eyes,
I stand in awe and amazement
and know that my choice is right
My choice is - Lord Jesus,
and to wait quietly on the Lord.

I will not question anymore
I will not ask 'why?' or 'why not?'
I will not murmur
I will not compare

I will guard my heart (Proverbs 4:23).
And I know, Your peace will guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus too (Philippians 4:7).

Labels:

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates