« Home | What am I to do? » | I open my mouth, but nothing came out. » | 放下 » | Thank you » | Will you love me? » | Not all who wander are aimless? » | Words of encouragement from God » | *inhales » | reality and fairy tales » | To trust and to obey » 

Sunday, September 14, 2008 

A letter to Christ

My Lord Jesus,

How did You feel when you knew Judas was going to betray you? How is it that you can still wash his feet? Your heart, it must be aching so, so badly. How is it that you can still garner the strength to wash his feet? Didn't your hands tremble? Didn't your heart go weak? Didn't your tears flow?

How did you feel when he really betray you? When he actually even went up to you and kiss you? Don't you feel like slapping him?

Lord Jesus, when someone you love so much betrayed you, how did you feel? How is it that you can endure such pain? You were fully man too. Surely you felt the hurt and the pain. Surely it pierced right through your heart too? Then why, tell me why you can endure it?

I know, I know it's because you looked beyond all these. You looked beyond all these and saw the will of God. You saw God and you understood why you had to go through all these. You put the things of God first, even before your own feelings and emotions. Even though it hurt you so much, you know you had to go through the whole thing and bring glory to God.

Please don't let me give up. Please let me also look beyond all these and understand. Please let me bring glory to God, at the end of this.

I beg You,
MeiXing

__________________________________________________________

My heart is severely pained within me,
And the terrors of death have fallen upon me.
Fearfulness and trembling have come upon me,
And horror has overwhelmed me.
So I said, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest.
Indeed, I would wander far off,
And remain in the wilderness.
I would hasten my escape
From the windy storm and tempest."


For it is not an enemy who reproaches me;
Then I could bear it.
Nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me;
Then I could hide from him.


But it was you, a man my equal,
My companion and my acquaintance.
We took sweet counsel together,
And walked to the house of God in the throng.


He has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him;
He has broken his covenant.
The words of his mouth were smoother than butter,
But war was in his heart;
His words were softer than oil,
Yet they were drawn swords.


Cast your burden on the LORD,
And He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.

- Psalm 55

Labels:

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates