« Home | breathe » | You do wonders » | the heart of God and we are all weak » | new step forward » | Two incidents that left a huge impact on me lately » | bottled-up thoughts » | blessed day » | zipppppped » | Union - you and me » | the thoughts linger on.... » 

Monday, April 19, 2010 

Love, eternal


A heifer, a female goat, a ram, a turtledove, and a young pigeon.
That's all you required of Abraham.
They say usually the two will walk down the path together.
Why did you walk alone?

What was on your mind when you passed between the halves of the animals?
As you walked along the blood-path, were you thinking about your own sacrifice?
How could you bind yourself to such a covenant, when you know surely we would fail you?
How could you tread on that path of blood alone?

You walked in our stead.
And it cost you your blood.

You took it upon yourself
to fulfil the good you have promised us.

You know we are not able
So you had to take our place
and although you know this is the path you have to take alone
you did it still for me.

You willingly walked alone
Yes...
You willingly bore the burden of the cross
alone
And blood was shed...
So that we remember

This is
Love,
Eternal,
With no beginning and no end.

You loved us since the beginning of time,
And with this same love you would envelop us
till the end of days.

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love..." (Jeremiah 31:3)

-------
Inspired by Genesis 15 and the love of Jesus Christ.
See also Jeremiah 34:18-19.

Labels: , ,

>_< I wonder if you have received mine? I'll be waiting for it at the mail box everyday thens...

d

oh yes, i received before you did actually :P
but i think we sent at about the same time/day. :)

sorry it's belated!
and thanks for writing me. Miss you lots.

love always
m

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates