« Home | A letter to Christ » | What am I to do? » | I open my mouth, but nothing came out. » | 放下 » | Thank you » | Will you love me? » | Not all who wander are aimless? » | Words of encouragement from God » | *inhales » | reality and fairy tales » 

Sunday, September 14, 2008 

I betrayed You.

Less than two years ago, a girl walked into the waters. There were two men beside her, grasping tightly to her as one raised his hand up to heavens and then gently pushed her into the waters. For a split second, she only heard and saw bubbles of waters around her. And then she came up from the waters.

That was a covenant she made with God. She knew that her old self had to die with the death of Jesus and a new life resurrect with the resurrection of Jesus. She knew that Jesus died for her so that she can become a new man, and that new man is one that is in Jesus and of Jesus.

Sadly, it never came true. She forgot about the covenant. Or maybe, she thought she had kept to it, but really, she had not. She was still the same old person, before baptism. She didn't put off the old man. She remained in her sins. She didn't really put on Christ. She couldn't, if she had not remove the old man.

She betrayed Jesus. Because it was a covenant made between her and Jesus. Yet, she didn't keep to her part of the covenant. How did Jesus feel? Jesus loved her so much to the extent of shedding His blood for her. When they made the covenant, Jesus thought she would keep her promise. But she didn't. How did Jesus feel?

He must have felt utterly betrayed and disappointed with her. His heart must have been pierced by her.

I'm sorry, my dear Lord. I can't believe that I am guilty of betraying someone who love me so dearly too. How could I have been so blind not to realise this?

Before I think about those who betrayed me, let me first think about how I betrayed You. And let me repent, and mull over this for tonight.

我自己都没有守约,又怎能要求别人对我守约呢?

I think I've done enough thinking for tonight.

Thank you who made me realise this.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm just a passer-by in this world
  • From Singapore
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates